Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Choosing the ID (Interior Designer) - Part 2

My criteria for choosing my ID

1) must be IT-savvy (ie: knows how to use mms, sms, email, scanning, yahoo messaging...)
  • After I found a few Ids, the first thing I did was to email them. Then I waited for the response. From there you will know the response time.
  • MMS is very crucial because Id or myself will snap photos our mobile and we exchange message immediately..ie: sourcing for bed, fittings, etc
  • Instant Chat Messaging..so that we can chat on-the-spot. Because I am office-based, getting my boss to see me on the phone all the time is not so nice. So chatting must work!
2) turn around time less than 2 working days
  • I guess nowadays, where technology is so advance, people getting more and more impatient... we cannot wait. *I will blog later about turnaround time on other matters later*
3) smaller company so that they can eye for detail
  • Bigger companies are good too, as they will have more resources. But more resources means they will accept more jobs to sustain. I chose a smaller company, and this is a couple-show. They probably take 1 job at a time.
  • Also, choose a local ID, at least they know places, the roads, the bargains.
4) of course, availability to take up the job
  • I checked with them if they are ok with the time-frame set. Some of them are reluctant due to CNY, no workers, jobs at hand...
5) passionate about what they are doing
  • Some people are in the business because they applied for a job and they got the job. Its a JOB. But this couple, they are passionate in what they are doing. They love their job or they love what they are doing.
6) ability to show some past projects with pictures and referrals
  • Ask for past projects with pictures, the before and after. Ask for referrals too like, can I contact them... if those who cannot provide details, then its better off not to engage them. Normally the ID will ask their client consent before passing the info to you.
7) speaks the same language
  • Must find one that really know what you want, what is your expectation. Those ID with experience normally will hit the bull eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment